How to relax

   I believe most of you are very tired because of the midterm exam. Therefore, I decide to share some ways that can help us relax with you this week.  For me, the best way to relax is sleeping and eating. However, my way to relax might not fit for everyone. As a result, I search " how to relax" on the internet. ( I think Google is one of the best inventions in the world.) 
I find a web page is called 40 ways to relax in 5 minutes or less.
This web page divides 40 ways into 8 categories. ( Food and drink. Inner peace. Total-Body Relaxation. New Environment. Exercise. Entertainment and Creativity. Smells. Socializing and Fun. )
And I will pick one or two interesting ways in each of category to share.
So, let us see Food and drink first

Munch a Crunchy Snack
Sometimes there’s nothing more satisfying than munching away on a candy bar when we’re stressed—one study found stressed adults craved crunchy and salty snacks more than usual. But that salty crunch doesn’t have to be so sugary—a handful of trail mix or a bag of celery sticks will work just as well.

(I think this way is fun, but I never tried this way before. If you like eat the crunchy snack, maybe you can try it when you are stressed.)

Next, Inner peace

Close Your Eyes
James Taylor said it: You can close your eyes, it’s all right. Take a quick break from a busy office or a chaotic household by just lowering your eyelids. It’s an easy way to regain calm and focus.

(Closing the eyes seems a good way to relax, and I also tried it before. I think this way is really effective. After opening my eyes again, I feel refresh.)

Third, Total-Body Relaxation

Brush Your Hair
Really, it looks like a rat’s nest. Even if you’ve already done your 100 strokes for the day, repetitive motions such as running a brush through your hair, washing dishes, or knitting can cause the body to relax.

(Hm……, I doubt this way. If you feel relax after brushing your hair, please leave your comment.) )

Fourth, New Environment

Be Alone
Not everyone needs a cabin the woods, but five minutes of alone time can help you collect your thoughts and clear your head.

(Sometimes, being alone is a good thing. We can pay attention to our own feelings.)

The above is what I want to share this week since this article is about relaxing. Thus, we can’t see too many words. So, next week, I will continue this topic. Hope you will like it. As usual, if you want to say something, welcome to leave your comment.

See you next week.

All information from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwXHV5-x6w

留言

  1. The linguistics midterm and composition homework really made me feel crazy and tired. I didn't know how could I hung in there in this whole week. Besides, I also had many things need to deal with so I went to bed about 3:00a.m for even two weeks. I felt really tired about all the things about school and what I want is to relax myself on my bed. Thanks for sharing how to relax, I think your blog is really useful for me lately.

    回覆刪除
  2. I think some of the methods are quite useful, especially closing the eyes and being alone! Sometimes all we need is a quite place to clear our mind during busy times. Besides, I think exercise is another good way of relaxing! However, I am confused about how washing dishes can make people relax. Every time I wash the dishes, I feel totally exhausted lol. These two weeks are truly tiring with lots of assignments and midterms bombarding. Well, same as you, I consider eating and sleeping the best way to relax haha.

    回覆刪除
  3. I totally agree with the first point. That perfectly explains pretzels become so irresistible to me in these past few weeks. It's salty and crunchy and it's rather healthier than chips or other greasy crunchy snacks. By the way, I think we don't need to be taught how to relax ourselves. Just do whatever you like and relax. For me right now, a good night sleep and a buffet without letting me gain weight would be the best while they're both impossible to obtain lol

    回覆刪除
  4. Thanks for sharing those advice. I've had the crazy week and I sure need some tips to relax. I think the fourth points is really useful. When I were tired or want to relax, I used to take a bus from a nearest station to the last stop and from the last stop back to home. The passengers on the bus won't disturb me so I can stay alone, keeping my mind clam and clear. That's the way I used to relax when I feeling irritable.

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

After Watching Many Hollywood Comedy (Ⅰ)

HIGHLIGHT